At Brampton Brick, we have four sustainability principles that guide us when we make decisions that support our customers, community, the environment or our employees.
- For our Customers: Develop products with low impact and long service life
- To the Community: Be a responsible neighbor through regulatory compliance and transparency
- For the Environment: Use recycled materials and renewable resources while reducing waste
- To our Employees: Educate and empower people to find new opportunities for improvement
All Brampton Brick Masonry and Oaks Landscape Products are manufactured from locally sourced, natural materials that are durable and long-lasting. Not only do clay brick, concrete masonry, stone and concrete landscape products have a long life span; theyâ€™re also non-toxic and can be recycled and repurposed when theyâ€™re no longer beautifying our buildings and landscapes. Sustainability is simply inherent when producing high quality products using clay and concrete as the primary ingredients. This is part of our commitment to the environment, but we donâ€™t just stop there:
Our concrete products contain recycled content, displacing traditional Portland cement where possible. We are also constantly improving our production facilities to reduce waste, improve performance and incorporate new technologies that deliver positive environmental impacts. One example is our partnership with CarbonCureÂ® whose proprietary processes allows us to capture harmful CO2 released during the production of Portland Cement and integrate it within our Concrete Masonry Products; which ultimately reduces the net carbon footprint of the product.
- Concrete is long lasting which delays the need for replacement products and the associated energy requirements.
- Our concrete products contain recycled content, displacing traditional Portland cement where possible. This recycled content is in the form of supplementary cementitious materials, such as fly ash or slag; which are waste by-products of coal energy (fly ash) and steel refineries (slag). This practice reduces the amount of waste going to landfills, and displaces some of Portland cement required in the mix, which in turn reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- Made from locally sourced, natural materials - primarily stone and sand extracted within 100 miles of our facilities - our products are non-toxic and safe for the environment
- Oaks permeable pavers (Enviro Midori, Hydrâ€™eau Pave, Enviro Passagio, Turf Slab) are part of an EPA-recommended best management practice that meets low impact development and smart growth criteria. Permeable pavers reduce both storm water runoff rates and quantities, and promote recharge the ground waterâ€¦ just as nature intended
- Masonry and Landscape products can be reinstated if repairs need to be done to the installation itself or to site services located below the installation. For example, with underground utility repairs, simply pull up the pavers, set them aside, complete the repairs, and reinstall the same pavers. This reduces waste and the cost of repairs.
- Once a concrete or clay product reaches the end of its service life, which in most cases exceeds 100 years, it can be fully recycled.
Oaks Landscape Products are eligible for USGBC and CaGBC LEED credits for sustainable sites, materials and resources, regional materials and innovation & design and for CaGBC LEED durable building credits.
Brampton Brick can help you â€śgo greenâ€ť and maximize the number of LEED credits you wish to achieve by developing a product around your design.
We can work with you to determine what level of certification you wish to achieve and how to help get you there. Talk with your local Brampton Brick Sales Representative to learn how. BramptonBrick.com/commercial/LEED