The original company was founded in 1933 by J.D. Oaks and operated as a family owned business under the name of Oaks Precast Industries in Guelph, Ontario.
Originally manufactured concrete brick and block for the local renovation market and later precast concrete sewer products. In May of 1972, Oaks Precast was purchased by Standard Industries (later to be known as Lafarge) from the Oaks family.
In 1981, Oaks diversified into a new market - the concrete paving stone and retaining wall products. Production for these lines began at the Markham, Ontario plant. The London, Ontario facility (shared with Concrete Pipe Company) produced paving stones and walls during the years 1985 to 1989. This plant was instrumental in the development of the US market in Michigan.
As the years progressed, growth in landscape products increased resulting in new manufacturing facilities being built at Milton, Ontario in 1989 and in Wixom, Michigan in 1991. In January of 1994, Oaks was involved in the restructuring of Lafarge and the paving stone and retaining wall products became Lafarge Interlocking Pavers and Retaining Walls. With a focus directed at their core products, Lafarge sold the Pavers and Walls business unit to Brampton Brick Limited in May 2002.
More recently in April of 2006, was the acquisition of the Peel Block facility in Brampton – dedicated to the production of landscape garden walls and concrete masonry products under the Stoneworks Quality by Brampton Brick TM by Oaks Concrete Products.